MAD Travel Fellowship was initiated by Ma Yansong in 2009. And each year, the program sponsors college and university students across china, overseas and over the globe to china; and travelling with their own research topics. During the past 7 years, the program has sponsored 35 students from universities across Mainland China for their international architecture travels to Africa, Asia, Europe, and North America.
MAD believes it is only through travel – the visceral experience of interacting with, and being influenced by, different spaces – that one can begin to understand ideas of context and thereby gain a deeper insight into the practice of architecture.
- -Panel judge: Ma Yansong
- -Application deadline: May 14, 2017
- -Recipient announcement: May 22, 2017
- Application Requirements
- -Selected applicants must currently be an undergraduate or graduate architecture student;
- -500 word letter of intent:
- *Personal ideals and perspectives on architecture;
- *Proposed travel destination(s) and sites of interest;
- *Individual research topic.
- -CV (profile including personal,education and contact information);
- -Portfolio (a curated selection of the applicant’s work).
- Please submit the above materials as one 6mb A4 PDF
- to email@example.com
- The application file should be named as follows:
- school_major_graduating year_name.pdf